How To Rent Online
Firstly you should decide on your search criteria such as how much you are prepared to pay, the location and the number of bedrooms.
- Don’t forget that letting isn’t like buying a property – it is a much faster process and you will be committing to a short, mid or long term contract.
- Registering with Properties on the Market as soon as you get the chance by clicking on the ‘Register’ button adding your details and search criteria
- If you like the property that you have viewed and decide to go ahead with renting the property let us know. As we work on a first come, first served basis you need to be quick. We will also require you to fill out a form giving us details of your current employment, salary and details of referees.
- Once we have received your completed application forms, we will process those and ask for references from various sources. Thereafter, subject to the landlord’s instructions, we will then invite you to sign the tenancy agreement.
- It is advisable that where necessary tenants obtain contents insurance, although for short term or corporate lets this will often be included. For mid to long term lets this is rarely included and will not be covered by the landlords insurance.
- Subject to the landlord allowing us to go ahead, a Tenancy Agreement and all the necessary paperwork including deposit agreements, standing orders and other important documentation will need to be signed.
- Often an independent inventory clerk will meet you at the property prior to moving in, providing details on the condition and contents of the property which both tenant and the landlord will receive copies of.
- Prior to the commencement of your tenancy date a deposit equivalent to 1 month or 6 weeks rent along with 1 month rent in advance needs to clear into our bank account. We are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Subject to the inventory check-out report and any other arrangements in place, this should be reimbursed at the end of the tenancy.
- Once the inventory check has been done, the lease has been signed and rent & deposits have been collected, the keys will be handed over to you to move in.